Wednesday, October 04, 2006

as the river flows, so does life

The view along the river Madre de Dios

Another tropical rainstorm, another hour doing webdesign, another day translating to German tourists, another day fascinated by a random leaf.. it might sound repetitive, but actually life is getting more interesting every day, although I might not be doing the "big things" differently every day, I´m learning how to do the "small things" different, and in the long term this makes you develop a lot more than doing new "big things", but in the same way you´ve always done them.

I´m quietly but steadily carrying on with the webdesign, teaching at Potsiwa, and have now twice acted as translator into German for groups of tourists in different lodges along the river here in Puerto. The last thing I thought I´d be doing in Peru, improving my German! But life is full of such surprises...

Drop me a comment to let me know what is up in Europe (or elsewhere), at elisemundo@gmail.com and I will eventually respond... love to hear how (you feel) life is treating you there!
Abrazazos - Elise Feliz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cant imagine how nice it sounds to hear that you are so happy...
I would love to know when you'll be coming to Brazil to visit me though!!
Take care
Miss you loooads
lots of kisses
love
Fa

Anonymous said...

Hallo Elise! Gaia logeerde dit weekend bij ons en we waren benieuwd hoe het met jou ging. Ze heeft ons dit mail-adres gegeven, zodat we zelf kunnen lezen hoe het met jou is. Heel leuk om te lezen. We wensen jou alle goeds toe! Groetjes van Gerri en André uit Grubbenvorst.

Anonymous said...

from Stewart

I am happy u visit brasil, hopeefully one day u will visit the JUNGLE CITY Sao Paulo, i was there last month, now i am here in london again. tchau bye elise, ateh mais eh curta bem a viagem

Anonymous said...

Wow, Fabi, Stewart, muitos agradecimentos pra recordarme y leer meu pagina...
Fabi, I´m seriously thinking about some day visiting you.. A capoeira master friend of ours was in puerto the other day and I asked him how much time/money it would be to go to Campinas, and it made me realise someday me and Helard should just do it!! But at the moment we don´t have the time or money yet...

Andre en Gerri, wat leuk om van jullie te horen! Ik vraag me ook al tijden af hoe het met Femke gaat, ze had me een keer ge-emaild maar daarna heb ik niks meer gehoord. Misschien kan ze een keer een textmessage sturen naar mn mobiel hier? het nummer is 0051 82 9715060.
Groetjes uit de jungle!

Elise

Unknown said...

Hallo Elise,

Super blog you have here, lots of interesting stuff. What took you so long to discover LivinginPeru.com ? :-)

Uebrigens koennen wir uns auch in deutsch unterhalten :-)

Wolfy
(www.livinginperu.com)