Monday, April 17, 2006

mas Arequipa!

Still in Arequipa, still loving it..
The last two weeks have really been about me and Helard hanging out together, learning more about eachother, and me getting to know his crazy friends and Arequipa itself. He and a few of his mates love cycling, including doing all sorts of weird stunts, and I go with them sometimes, being a rude girl on my less hightech borrowed bicycle, though I give the stunts a miss.. haha

We´ve mostly stayed in the city, apart from a short visit to Quequeña, a small town outside Arequipa in the hills. This week we´re planning to go to the Cotahuasi Canyon on a 4 day trip, seeing the Canyon and some other sights near, a bit like described here: http://www.condorjourneys-adventures.com/peru_cotahuasitrek.asp

It´s also been fantastic to link up with my London girly Ulli, who has been in Arequipa for nearly 4 months, also in love with an Arequipeño, although she met hers here! It´s been great fun trekking the city together, without the boys, so we could spend time at our leisure in wool shops, drink expensive coffee in gringo coffee bars, and ofcourse, gossip about the boys! Have a look at her blog to see how she´s been getting on, and for some pictures of Arequipa to feed your imagination: http://lonelyplanet.mytripjournal.com/ulli

Before I left, everyone asked me what I thought I would miss from London-Europe, and the only thing I could think of was.. a good curry! Definitely in Arequipa there are no curry restaurants, only some chinese, but to be honest, the Peruvian dishes are so delicious that I´m not quite missing my chicken tikka. Arequipa has it´s own special pepper called rocoto to keep you warm inside, and pollo a la brasa.. ooh la la, I revel in the fact that I´m not vegetarian!

What I do miss a bit is my friends (hugs to all), and capoeira... which I both will try to find a new over here as well as hold on to what I had before.

Hugs,

Elise

PS: Also check out Eleanors blog who falls in both categories of friend and capoeira, and who is still living it up in Brasil! Beijos! eleanorbrasil.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoi Elise,

Geweldig dat je het zo naar je zin hebt daar. Dank je nog voor het telefoontje. Je klonk heel opgewekt. Jammer dat we er niet waren. Gisteren hebben we Anke en Angel op bezoek gehad. Leuke jongen hoor. Kijk je wel uit met stunten met fietsen? Veel plezier en groetjes aan Helard.

Leo
(ook groetjes van Elske)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisi,this blogging thing is so clever. As part of the course I am reflecting on how communication technologies are used in the context for teaching and learning, and what form of innovation might be possible with regard to their use. So I am exploring the use of blogs...so fa so good!! I am very happy everything is working out. Here in London I saw the sun twice, it's getting warmer thou. Ehi, I checked out your friend Eleanor's blog and she is putting up pictures...where are yours? Add some pics please!! You tell me if you anything ok?!! Lots of love. Fed

Marco said...

OI, glad you are having a great time, I will drop ya en email when I am in Peru-sept or nov...

Ciao ciao Marco

Whats new with me below

www.mundodimarco.blogspot.com